Dell Printer Installation ErrorPosted on
The process of installation may always be troublesome for most of the users. It is not a hard process but users tend to leave this part also to the company to solve. Dell has managed to cover most of the part by its own. But it is not possible to include facility and it’s a machine which simply defines it can get affected at any moment.
We are taking todays topic towards some of issues Dell printer user are facing in a large number lately. Users have mentioned that they are not able to install the latest driver into the system. These situations are normal so there is no need to worry about anything, make sure to pay absolute attention at the process for recovering the installation.
Before moving toward adding new features into your printer, we will have to remove your previous printer’s driver from the system.
Uninstalling Existing Dell Laser Printer Drivers
The best way to make your printer work better, before reinstalling new drivers, it is best to get rid of any previous printer device which were installed in the device. If you would skip the step than your printer will not be able to connect with computer and other problems are also seen later.
Steps to uninstall previous drivers in your computer
- Turn on your printer
- Check whether Dell printer user is connected to your computer or not?
All the necessary USB cable wired/wireless must be connected to printer.
- Open your print queue and make sure to keep it empty.
- There are possible reason for printer spooler. To make sure run Printer Troubleshooter to check for any errors and to solve the issue by the system itself.
- Now, uninstall the printer.
Enter windows + R button together. Run dialogue box will appear, type in appwiz.cpl, and press enter. Navigate on the printer you want to uninstall from the printing listing.
Note: If you don’t find your printer than proceed to g
Confirm removing the printer. After the process you will need to restart your computer. Do save the post and continue again. Open Run again and enter control panel. Open view device and printer. Locate View devices and printer. Hold right click on the desired printer which you want to install. Next click remove devices. User account control window will appear after the process, click yes. This will remove the printer. If there is any other printing device left to be added than click at Print server properties. Next click on Drivers tab and click your printer. Click remove to remove the printer. Restart your device once again and next step will be to install the drivers into your system.
Download & installation of Dell printer drivers.
- Open your browser and go to the following website. Dell Drivers and downloads.
- Next you will have to enter the Service Tag in order to load the list of drivers which will be acceptable by your system and printer. Enter your model number and click on submit to move further.
- Next Operation system appears, from the dropdown list, select the suitable Operating system as per your computer has acquired.
- Next, in the list file, under the category column, look for files listed with Application or Drivers for OS Deployment which would include word Drivers.
- Note the name of the file. You will need to know the details once the download is complete.
- Right click on the icon that appears on top the file that you have just downloaded.
- You may have to locate where you would save your file, some browsers automatically start downloading.
- Open the file and run as administrator.
- User Account Control will appear next. Now, the installation is almost done. Click yes to start the installation and follow the steps as said by the dialogue box. And your new drivers will be installed.
Our Technical service is 24/7 on the line. Call Dell Printer Customer Support Number if you have any questions regarding Dell Printer.